Why should you invest your time and energy in crafting a proposal for the Climate Leadership Challenge?
Here are five reasons:
1. You could win the $50,000 Climate Leadership Challenge Grand Prize to launch that great idea of yours into action -- start a business, sell your idea, form a non-profit, fund your research...the opportunities are endless.
2. Participating in the Climate Leadership Challenge looks really good on a résumé - future employers, funding sources, and graduate schools will look highly on your ambition and innovation.
3. It's a great opportunity to meet faculty, staff, and other campus resources like the folks at the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) who are able to share their knowledge and expertise, which will benefit you in your academic and career goals far beyond the Climate Leadership Challenge.
4. Even if you don't win, you will have caught the attention of future employers, funders, and business partners in the community simply by participating in the Climate Leadership Challenge. (Even the kids who don't win American Idol still go home with a record deal, right?)
5. Climate change is impacting every facet of our lives - food, air, water, transportation, land use, public health...you have the capacity to make a difference. The Climate Leadership Challenge can help you do that.
So what's your idea?
Please help us spread the word by sharing this post on Facebook and twitter. Thanks!